19 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas
If you watch closely during tennis tournaments, you’ll notice Rafael Nadal eating a banana during short breaks. Why? Cause banana has a combination of carbohydrates and vitamin B6 that will provide energy boosts for at least another 90 minutes.
Amazing, isn’t it? Bananas provide the most value to athletes compared to other fruits. Even a banana at breakfast is good in helping boost energy at the start of every day.
Here’s a nutritional chart percentage of the stuff that is contained in banana.
- Vitamin B6 is the vitamin needed by people who feel weak, irritated easily and have difficulty in sleeping.
- Potassium regulates blood pressure and reduces chances of high blood pressure and stroke.
- Potassium enables muscles to contract and expand smoothly during exercises. It reduces cramps.
- Potassium helps to rid fluid retention .
- Carbohydrate found in bananas contribute to the daily energy usage.
- Fiber in bananas help maintain healthy, regular bowel movements.
- Bananas are easy to digest.
- Bananas can be used to substitute sweets and candies because they taste great. It helps people with sugar cravings.
- Not only chocolates, but bananas too have serotonin and norepinephrine that helps elevate depression. It naturally improves your mood.
- Banana is the best fruit to eat after a 4km jog. As the body loses vitamins and minerals, 2 bananas is enough to replace the nutrients lost as well as replenishing energy.
- Bananas are the best solid food to introduce to infants. The fact is bananas contain 0% fat, is easy to digest and is not allergenic.
- Bananas are a natural hit with kids because of it’s taste. Moreover, children are growing all the time and they need the energy provided by bananas.
- Green tipped bananas are good to cook.
- Yellow bananas are best eaten raw.
- Brown specked bananas taste best when baked with bread, muffins or cookies.
- The riper the banana, the sweeter it is. Reason is the starch turns to sugar.
- Sliced bananas added into cereals, salads, yogurt, smoothies or shakes makes it taste even better.
- To preserve bananas, put them in the fridge. The peel will darken but the inside remains firm and delicious.
- To ripen bananas faster, put them a paper bag with an apple and a tomato.