There are many, many different ways to prepare food, most of which have been used since thousands of years ago. The ingredients are usually made out of living organisms such as vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, herbs, spices, meat, etc. Below are the 58 types of cooking method that are used all over the world today.
- Dry Roasting
Application of heat to dry foodstuffs without the use of oil and water. Dry roasting is a method usually used with nuts and seeds. They are usually stirred to ensure even heating. Examples include peanut butter, made from dry roasted peanuts, tea, made from dry roasted tea leaves, coffee, made from roasted coffee beans, and chocolate, made from roasted cocoa beans.
- Hot Salt Frying
A cooking technique often used by street vendors in China and India where dry food items such as unshelled eggs, shelled peanuts, and popcorn are fried using coarse sea salt that has been heated to a high temperature.
- Hot Sand Frying
Also found in the streets of India, China, and in the city of Penang, Malaysia where chestnuts and peanuts are buried in very hot black sand.
Read the rest of this entry »
We all struggle with them. Bad habits are holding you back and it’s time you do something about it. Change. Become a better person.
- How To Stop Nail Biting
Nail biting is a habit that affects 1 in 4 children and more surprisingly, 1 in 2 adults.
- Keep a nail clipper or filer nearby at all times.
- Acrylic nails will make it almost impossible to bite, but more importantly you will get used to having nails on your fingers, which is a very odd feeling if you’re not used to having them there.
- Stop biting one nail. Let it grow out, keep biting the others. Then add one more and one more, and quite soon you’ll prefer being symmetrical to biting your nails. Think of it as ground work for habit breaking.
- Nail polish tastes awful and wearing it serves as an effective deterrent.
- Wear bandaids to heal the fingers and to serve as a reminder that you’re trying to help your nails.
- Wear gloves.
How To Stop Thumb sucking
Not only babies but adults suck their thumb too, especially alone in bed before going to sleep. Most thumb suckers get a feeling of comfort when sucking their thumbs and is often used to get over anxiety.
- Tape your thumbs.
- Put nail polish. The taste will serve as a deterrent.
- Wear socks around your hand. Boxing gloves are most effective.
- Hug your mom, dad, brother, sister, partner. If not, hug a pillow as an alternative each time you feel anxious. The gentle pressure of a hug can stimulate nerve endings under the skin that send calming messages to the brain and slow the release of cortisol.
How To Stop Scratching
Neurodermatitis is the itch scratch cycle where you scratch a patchy skin, making the area even itchier where you’ll eventually scratch simply out of habit.
- Baking soda cures all types of itch and irritations.
- So does apple cider vinegar. Both are natural acid neutralizers, soothing and has anti inflammatory effects that relief itching and prevent further irritation. Here’s a list of the other many wonders of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply a thick paste made out of oatmeal and water. Apply to affected area. Avenanthramides is the compound responsible for its anti irritating effects. The less processed the oats, the more avenanthramides there is.
- Apply aloe vera gel. It is a mild anesthetic, and helps to relieve itching, swelling, and pain. It is also antibacterial and anti fungal, and works by increasing blood flow to wounded areas, stimulating fibroblasts, the skin cells responsible for wound healing. It’s one of the many medicinal plants worth your garden space.
- Keep your fingernails short.
Read the rest of this entry »