- 8% of women suffer from either anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa.
- the 3rd most common chronic illness in adolescent girls is eating disorder.
- Almost 1 in 5 people in North America with eating disorder lose their lives.
- 81% of 10-year-olds and more than 46% of 9-year-olds restricted eating.
- Fear of cancer? Nuclear war? Losing your parents? None of them can compare to the fear of being fat among young girls.
Here’s a video of 4 women from a Florida treatment center telling their story of ‘dying to be thin’.
National Eating Disorder Information Centre
Astonishing eating disorder statistics