Is salt good or bad for weight loss?
Salt contains no calories. High consumption of salt only results in temporary weight gain as it causes our body to retain water. Conversely, low consumption of salt can result in temporary weight loss as it causes our body to expel water.
Why do bars provide salty snacks like pretzels and peanuts?
Table salt is 95% sodium chloride. Sodium is one of the 3 electrolytes that our body depend on to carry out electrical impulses to parts all over our body. A higher concentration of electrolyte in our body will automatically trigger thirst, making us want to drink more water for the sole purpose of balancing out the electrolyte concentration.
Can too much salt contribute to high blood pressure?
Yes. Salt sensitive people are will be most affected. However, it is beneficial when taken in moderation. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure in conjunction with water.
What are the general benefits for taking salt in moderation?
- Salt removes excess acidity from cells all over the body, including the brain cells.
- Diabetics need it for balancing blood sugar levels.
- Salt is used for generating hydroelectric energy locally at sites of our body that needs it.
- Salt is essential for the nerve cells’ communication and information processing inside the brain.
- Salt is involved in the process of absorbing food through the intestinal tract.
- Clears mucus plugs and sticky phlegm off lungs, vital in asthmatics and cystic fibrosis.
- Helps clear catarrh and congestion of the sinuses.
- Natural anti histamine. Histamine causes running nose, sneezing and itching, and narrows the airways in the lungs.
- Helps prevent muscle cramps.
- Saliva overflowing out of the mouth excessively during sleep indicates salt shortage.
- Strengthens bone structures. Osteoporosis is somewhat a major result of salt and water shortage in the body.
- Salt works as a natural hypnotic that helps regulate sleep.
- Salt on the tongue stops persistent dry coughs.
- Salt helps prevent gout and gouty arthritis.
- Salt preserves sexuality and libido.
- Salt prevents spider veins on the legs and thighs.
- 80 mineral elements needed by the body can be found in sea salt. Unrefined sea salt does not contain additive elements like aluminum, which is toxic to our nervous system.